This month we held the first assembly of our Advisory Board, welcoming two new members. Applications are now open for the second round as we seek another three members to join us in preparation for the January assembly.
Velos Youth Advisors are responsible for:
- Attending 4 strategy days/meetings per year (alongside directors), for a minimum of one year
- Providing ad hoc advice and support when available via phone or online, according to the expertise and special interests of the advisor
- Being an advocate for the work of Velos Youth and the needs of our target group
Velos Youth Advisors are asked to:
- Commit to the mission of Velos Youth
- Be willing to devote the necessary time and effort
- Offer strategic vision and insight regarding the organisation as a whole and in focus-specific areas
- Be willing to provide support/advice ad hoc or at short-notice on certain occasions
- Speak openly and critically, whilst remaining sensitive to the resource scarce reality of a small grass-roots organisation
This is not a legally registered position, and does not carry any personal liability, but exists to add to the skills and expertise of the board of directors, diversifying it where possible. Members of the advisory board will be invited to see and experience the work of Velos Youth first hand to develop a better understanding and insight into the organisation’s work.
If you have expertise in any of the following areas, we want to hear from you!
- NGO leadership, management and development
- Social enterprise
- Social work
- Greek and European Law
- Human rights and asylum law
- Communications and public relations
- Audit, accounting & finance
Interested applicants should submit either a brief cover letter (max. 2 pages) or short video* (max. 3 minutes), and a CV to email@example.com. Please include a short plan on the steps you would take to ensure Velos Youth benefits from your specific skills and experiences. Please write ‘Advisory Board Application’ in the subject Line. The deadline for applications is Monday 6th December.
*To submit a video, upload it to a video sharing platform and send us the link. Please note we are not judging the production or video quality, a recording on a phone is fine.