Workshops and Activities at Velos Youth are aimed at providing a structured, creative and recreational atmosphere for young people.
- Craft activities: painting, animation, crochet etc
- Wide range of board games and video games available
- Sport activities: football and cricket
- Skills sharing workshops: employment, CV writing, IT skills etc
- Education and Learning Engagement Workshops (Velos does not deliver language classes or other education courses but does engage and support youth with available education opportunities)
- Promotion of health activities: drugs, tobacco and alcohol prevention
As well as the regular activities and workshops run in-house at Velos, we host a variety of organisations and individuals who deliver further activities:
- Expressive Arts Workshops run by two trainee art therapists from Amaka Non-Profit.
- Skateboarding with Freemovement Skateboarding
We have previously hosted:
- United Pony Caravan, a group of horse riders that taught refugee youth all things equestrian.
- Radio You, an audio-design, radio-oriented project run by three Velos volunteers from the UK.
- Cooking workshops with Michelin star Chef Merlin Labron Johnson