We run a diverse mixture of workshops and activities every week in order to provide a structured, creative and recreational atmosphere for young people. To keep things relevant and exciting, many of our activities change every week. Follow us on social media (@VelosYouth) to see what we get up to!
Some examples of workshops and activities in Velos Youth are:
- Craft activities – painting, animation, sewing etc
- Board games and video games
- Sport activities – football, basketball and cricket
- Skills sharing workshops – employment, entrepreneurship, IT skills
As well as the regular activities and workshops run in-house at Velos, we also regularly host a variety of organisations and individuals who deliver further activities. This has included:
- Health Promotion Workshops run by Doctors Without Borders.
- Skateboarding with Freemovement Skateboarding
- Legal information workshops by Defence for Children International
Finally, a few times a year we plan or participate in larger scale activities.
- Read more about our football tournament in January 2020 organised in collaboration with Action Aid, Faros and the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Read more about our football tournament in September 2019 organised in collaboration with SCI, Greek Forum of Refugees and the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Read more about our Art Exhibition in December 2019 organised by two of our former volunteers.
If you would like to run a workshop or activity in our centre, get in touch!