We run a diverse mixture of workshops and activities every week in order to provide a structured, creative and recreational atmosphere for young people. To keep things relevant and exciting, many of our activities change every week. Follow us on social media (@VelosYouth) for our Weekly Timetable.
Some examples of workshops and activities in Velos Youth are:
- Craft activities – painting, animation, sewing etc
- Board games and video games
- Sport activities – football, basketball and cricket
- Skills sharing workshops – employment, entrepreneurship, IT skills
- Education and Learning Engagement Workshops (Velos does not deliver language classes or other education courses but does engage and support youth with available education opportunities)
As well as the regular activities and workshops run in-house at Velos, we host a variety of organisations and individuals who deliver further activities:
- Health Promotion Workshops run by Doctors Without Borders.
- Skateboarding with Freemovement Skateboarding
- Legal information workshops by Defence for Children International
Finally, a few times a year we plan or participate in larger scale activities.
- Read more about our football tournament in January 2020 organised in collaboration with Action Aid, Faros and the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Read more about our football tournament in September 2019 organised in collaboration with SCI, Greek Forum of Refugees and the Hellenic Red Cross.
- Read more about our Art Exhibition in December 2019 organised by two of our former volunteers.
If you would like to run a workshop or activity in our centre, get in touch!